Views from Mt. Wellington
Welcome from our Tasmania Guides:
From Kerry and Kim Stubbs of Velo Tours:
"We have been in the cycling, tourism and event management industry for over 40 years, having owned and run cycling and multisport events across Australia as well as taking sports teams and groups all over the world to compete in championship events including the Ironman World Champs in Kona. We love showing people around our home state of Tasmania and we make it our number one priority to create the very best experience possible. Both Kerry and I are Tasmanian born and bred. Kerry grew up in the small town of Penguin on the North West Coast, approx. 30km from Devonport and I spent most of my adult life in Hobart. We met in 2006 while Kerry was in Hobart executing an ITU event and we’ve been working in the sporting industry together ever since. Tasmania is a special place for us as our families (including 4 grandchildren) still live there so we spend at least 3 months a year down there both touring and visiting family. The riding in Tassie is fantastic as the roads are so much quieter than most other places and the people are so welcoming and relaxed. We are looking forward to showing you a truly unforgettable time in our land down under."
As co-founders of this family owned and run company, the dynamic husband and wife duo now host major tours globally for all manner of cyclists with no small detail overlooked. They are 100% customer focused and provide guests with a true "family road trip" type experience that has people coming back again and again. Below are some testimonials from previous guests who loved their Velo Tours experience so much they’ve been on multiple trips with them.
- "I have just come back from doing the East Coast Tassie Tour with 9 of my cycling buddies. We all had the most amazing time and all of us rated the trip 10/10. What made it so special for us was the way Kerry and Kim looked after us. They really are the most amazing hosts and it was the little extra things they did for us that made it truly memorable. Nothing was a problem even when we wanted to change a few things like going bushwalking or visits to MONA - they ferried us around. When one of our guys complained about his 'snoring' room buddy, they even gave up their room at the hotel so he could have his own room. Would we go with them again? ABSOLUTELY and we're already starting to plan our West Coast Tassie Tour."" Ulli Fisher (has booked another tour with Velo Tours in 2022)
- "When something is so good you keep going back for more!!! I've now done three tours with Kim and Kerry and can highly recommend them. They are not just a tour company but go that extra step to create a real experience - that's what makes them different and creates the best memories.” Di Webb, (Pyrenees | French Alps | Italy tours – booked Bright tour in Jan 2021 that did not proceed due to local outbreak )
- "Thank you to Velo Tours for an amazing cycling experience in the Pyrenees! Kim, Kerry & team are the ultimate hosts. The ease of travelling with this group means you can just get on with what you went there to do - enjoy cycling with like minded people as everything else is taken care of 👍🏼 Thanks for a great experience! Hope to be back!" Cheryl Coombs (coming on Tassie tour in Feb 2021 and was booked to come to French Alps and Spain in 2020 – has deferred to 2022)
- "The Velo tours staff go above and beyond to ensure each and every one of us left with our bucket lists ticked and a huge smile on our faces. We were all treated like family, not just customers, and relished the opportunity to "live like a local" in Luchon. Au Revoir......until next time."" Dave Dawes (coming on Tassie tour in December 2021)
- "Great times, great people and life long memories. Huge thanks to Kim, Kerry, Tim, Asha & Ben. A sensational team that provided an amazing experience. We will be back." Mal and Sue Burt
Lynn & Patrick at Tandem Bicycle Tours feel that the best cycling experiences are those that support local entrepreneurs who know more about their home than any non-local ever could. We are thrilled to offer our customers this tandem tour with Kim & Kerry of Velo Tours Australia. We are now taking bookings for this tour. If you are interested in this tour, please Contact Us for more information or check out our info page to see what's included on a Tandem Bicycle Tour.